Anyone else think we're really starting to piss off Namid?

This post is brought to you in large part by my lovely bookish friend Miche, who introduced me to The Others series, and then gifted me the book I'm about to gush about.

This week's recommendation

Wild Country ~ Anne Bishop

I've already blogged about Anne Bishop's excellent series "The Others". About my love of Meg Corbyn, who is badass in her vulnerability - and of Simon Wolfgard, whose lack of human nature makes human nature seem so much clearer.

Wild Country is set in the same world as The Others, however it showcases the viewpoints of a different set of characters. It tells a story that parallels one of the Meg Corbyn stories directly, although I believe that this story is meant to be a bit of a stand-alone, and while I think that having read the other books set in this universe, you could read this without them and still be in for a solid read.

Read if: You're a big fan of the planet fighting back against human excess and stupidity. You enjoy a good supernatural story. You appreciate a wide range of strong female characters, AND a wide range of types of strength in male characters. You've ever been mystified by the very strange choices other people make - in a kind of fascinated "make a study of this" kind of way.

Warnings: Violence. Sexual assault. Death. Sexism. Specieism. Bullying.

Comments

Popular Posts